The office assistant will work along side the personal injury department and perform the daily departmental operations including: processing new PI cases, keeping PI cases up to date, communicating with office team members and general clerical duties (faxing, emailing etc.).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Process and enter all new PI cases according to department protocols and procedures.
- Receive and review all records based on information received from other departments.
- Learn to utilize the various EHRs effectively and efficiently and department software.
- Review and prepare patient files to be sent via email, fax, or mail in a timely manner.
- Keep detailed logs that are accurate and used on a daily basis.
- Schedule new patient referrals, follow up visits, and procedures.
- Obtain authorization to coordinate the recommended treatment.
- Maintain and monitor phone calls and messages.
- Monitor compliance regarding HIPPA rules and laws.
- Liaison between the physician, and patients regarding their treatment.
- Confirm all personal injury appointments for the following day.
- Coordination of medical referrals to other providers in the appropriate area
- Notify management of any strange scenarios, possible compliance concerns or recurring issues.
- Ensure files are up to date by entering patient demographic and claim information.
- Promptly communicate with Physicians and offices to complete paperwork that is missing information (ex: missing signatures).
- Maintain a positive and professional work environment.
- Available to meet with manager/s monthly to discuss any issues and report on performance.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to critically think and process information
- Proficiency in computer programs, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Google Drive.
- Basic office equipment knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to modifications in processes and procedures
- Ability to concisely communicate information in a timely fashion
- Self-starter a must
- Ability to take initiative when necessary
- Ability to maintain quality of work in high pressure/high volume situation
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a must.
- Knowledge of basic legal terminology as related to Personal Injury
- General knowledge of medical terminology related to Pain Management
- Experience with EMR/EHR systems
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1+ years handling medical records in/for a licensed medical facility
- Training in HIPAA compliance.
- 8 hour shift; 7:30-4:30
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid training
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Work cell phone
Pay: $18/hr; start immediately